You're heading to Newport Beach for little fun in the sun, and everyone is relying on you to pick the right vacation rental.
Let's chat, and see if Sandy Shores is right for you.
"What is this vacation rental like?"
- This is a vintage three bedroom two bath 1928 beach house. It's charming. It's old. It's the entire house, not a shared duplex. It's right on the sand, with no boardwalk. It's fun and it's offbeat. Some rentals feel stark, mass produced and impersonal, like a hotel room. Not this one. This is no cookie cutter condo. This is a comfortable old beach home, one that was built with love long ago and has hosted literally thousands of Balboa Peninsula beachgoers over the last century.
There are two queen sized beds, and a queen sized sleeper sofa in the bedrooms, and another sleeper sofa in the living room. It sleeps eight pretty comfortably. There is an upper deck on the roof, and a big patio up front, each with their own gas BBQ, patio furniture, a incredibly great views of the Pacific ocean.
"Is it well outfitted?"
- Yes. In addition to WiFi, cable, a fully equipped kitchen, linens, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, washer and dryer in the garage, it also has a basic starter supply of soaps, detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, enough to get you going for your stay.
"Will it be clean?"
- Yes! It is, by Newport Beach standards, a venerable beach abode, and even perfectly clean it only *looks* so clean, but our housekeepers will have it cleaned, stocked, beds made, and ready to move in.
"How is the parking?"
- Well, it's complicated. There are technically three spaces; two in the garage, and one on the pad behind the garage. However, bear in mind the two spaces in the garage were literally built for Model Ts, so they are not going to fit your Escalade. However, the pad behind the garages will fit practically any vehicle.
"How about the pricing?"
- It's on the lower end of a single home on the oceanfront, but still more than many duplexes. What you're getting from this rental is: your own 3 bedroom house, on the oceanfront, with no boardwalk. If you can do without those three things, we have less expensive units. If you want all three of those things, this is about as inexpensive as it gets.
"Is this the right vacation rental for me?"
- If you're looking for modern style and the latest upgrades, keep scrolling. This isn't it.
If you want to come to the beach with friends and family to enjoy the sun, the surf, good music and good times, you want your own house, you don't want the boardwalk because that feels like having a freeway in your front yard, and you kind of like the idea of experiencing the original beach lifestyle as a vacation adventure, you'll have a blast here.
This place isn't for everyone, but if you're the right kind of adventurer, it's a hidden treasure, and you'll be back seeking it every year.
(No air conditioning (but a great ocean breeze). No smoking, in the unit or on the premises. No pets. Minimum primary renter age of 25. Photo ID required. Short Term Lodging Permit: 10604)